posted 13 February 2017
Junior Sales Administrator - New Business Development
Cape Town - Entry Level Position
Avily Health - who we are
Avily Health is a web development and digital marketing start-up; whose clients are some of Southern Africa’s finest and most distinguished health professionals - many of whom are leaders in their field. Avily Health’s digital services and products are all competitive, bespoke solutions delivering world-class returns on investment for all its clients.
We are looking to grow our initial start-up team of experts as we scale to new heights within our digital industry, and we hope that you will be excited to join us in our fast-paced start-up environment. Our head office is in Claremont, Cape Town.
Why this is an amazing opportunity
This role is perfect for enthusiastic, professional individuals who thrive in a complex environment and who want to advance or jump-start their careers by experiencing first-hand what it is like to be part of an energetic, extremely fast-growing startup, where each day presents you with a challenge and opportunity to grow, learn, and cash-in on valuable sales and business development experience.
We are a fast-paced, non-corporate team; where anyone new is going to get exposure to many aspects of our business immediately and be able to take on as much accountability as you can handle.
The sense of impact and reward will be significant. You will help to build a company that helps hundreds of health professionals; but most of all you will be part of our highly motivated sales team who is looking to grow the number of clients exponentially. An integral part of the Avily Health mission and an important part of the greater whole.
Our team and culture is eclectic and sociable; you will interact with everyone in the business - often on a regular basis. You will report directly to the Sales Manager, be provided with on the job training, and learn fast and steady each and every day.
Opportunity for growth as well as target-related rewards will be available from the get-go. Our work atmosphere may be relaxed - and we have an awesome sense of humour - but we don’t do “lazy” and we don’t do “vague”.
We are passionate about our product, our services, and our team. We place a high value on learning and personal growth, and you will be expected to (and will probably enjoy) learning new skills in work time with the guidance of your Sales Manager.
Why join Avily
- Work at a pioneering digital start-up company.
- Experience the excitement and learn from being part of an incredibly fast-growing young company. No jokes here - the growth is happening right now!
- Help to build a company that helps to make a very real difference in the world and in people’s lives.
- Enjoy the agility and flexibility offered by a startup culture. A sociable, relaxed and friendly work environment.
- Receive a competitive industry related salary and target-based commision structure - all related to your level of experience. Since you will be playing a key role in making us successful, it is only right that you have a stake in the rewards of our success.
What you will do in the role
- As a Junior Sales Administrator, you will be responsible for a specific section of our sales funnel, owning the prospecting and new business development roles, as well be involved with lead nurturing, customer service, handovers and escalations.
- You will also have an opportunity to work at some point on each major area of the funnel, from new client onboarding through to closing your own deals, and managing smaller accounts. All this dependant on how quick you learn, and how well you perform in your role.
- Help resolve issues first time, promptly escalate unresolved issues as appropriate. Ensure high quality delivery of customer experience across multiple channels (email, calls, etc).
- Learn – and ultimately become an expert for our Avily sales and Client success team. With time, you will use your experience and technical knowledge to guide new clients through the onboarding process, to respond to customer service requests and updates, and to enable resolution and client satisfaction.
- Transfer your knowledge to team mates both formally and informally, all while learning from one another.
- Be responsible for hitting your day-to-day service level, as well as weekly sales targets.
- Ensure service levels are maintained and improved where possible.
- Be a valuable contributor to the operations function.
- Inject a sense of fun and fulfilment into your team environment.
- At times, you may be required to work closely with other functions, notably Marketing or our Technical Team to improve the service offering across the board.
What you need to be great at
- Able and willing to find out what the customer wants and needs and to act accordingly, taking the organisation's costs and benefits into account.
- Listen well, be biased to action and find solutions.
- Process Control; Planning and organising; attention to detail; able to manage a high workload containing dozens of small tasks to 100% accuracy.
- A sense of urgency; energetic, resilient, think clearly, respond quickly and appropriately, do the right thing at pace.
- Focus on quality; Set high quality standards for your work and strive for continuous improvement.
Who we are looking for - track record must-have’s
- Sales experience in a fast paced, high volume and high quality customer service orientated environment
- Matric certificate - bare minimum. Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Demonstrable experience and success – hitting targets - in a fast paced, high volume and high quality customer service environment a serious advantage.
Experience that would be nice to have (but we’ll trade off if everything else fits)
- Experience in a fast-growing and changing environment. Sometimes the earth moves beneath your feet at Avily Health and so you've got to be comfortable with ambiguity, able to wear lots of hats, and adapt easily as we continue to grow.
- Experience in a customer services environment where the product and platform is technically complex. You need to show us that you can become a functional expert in the technical components of our proposition quickly.
- Have used programs, sales & CRM tools like Asana, Slack, Atlassian, Trello, Salesforce, Hubspot, etc.
- Specific call centre operational experience would be advantageous, with a working knowledge of Zendesk or similar.
To be an A-team player at Avily Health, you will need to possess – in heaps - the following attributes:
- Innovative + Smart
Be curious enough to want to know more, think out the box, maybe even break the box, show initiative and be smart about it to find implementable, impactful solutions.
Push yourself to be better every day. Work with others, be resilient, add value and then hold yourself accountable. Encourage and celebrate each other’s success.
- Energetic + Fun
Sense of humour = survival. Bring energy and fun. Wear your heart on your sleeve. Work hard and find the time to play. We’re in this together.
Do you want to be our next Junior Sales Administrator? Here’s what to do now:
If this sounds exciting and you'd like to have an informal chat, get in touch below, dust-off your CV in the meantime (no fluff - keep it concise) and we’ll set aside a time to meet.>>Contact us